Midwest Math Conference:
Genuine vs Static Assessment K-5
JUMP START your professional learning this summer by joining Cathy Fosnot and math educators from across the country for an exciting one-day workshop on authentic formative math assessment. Work together with Grades K-5 teachers, coaches and district leaders to explore, develop and implement authentic formative assessments to capture development of content understanding, aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
The common vision about assessment that we all share so deeply is that it needs to inform teaching. Assessment should capture genuine mathematizing, not just answers, nor the verbal prose explaining them. We need to capture what a child can do and what is on her horizon, rather than only what she cannot do.
Join Cathy and others on Thursday, July 27, 2017 for this exceptional professional learning opportunity on mathematics assessment for elementary-age students.
- Learn how to assess mathematical activity in an authentic context.
- Observe real-time assessment with children.
- Develop the ability to kidwatch and analyze children’s
work for the mathematics within.
- Explore the use of 2-pen assessments to capture the development of numeracy.
- Explore digital tools that you can use to capture learning in the moment.
- Leave with tools, measures, rubrics and carefully crafted items as well as the ability to design your own.